A vehicle tracking system stands sands of the use for tracking the location of the in individual vehicles through software. It collects fleet data for tracking the picture of vehicle locations. The modern vehicle tracking systems usually include GLONASS or GPS technology in order to locate the vehicle. Moreover, the Vehicle Monitoring Devices allow the user to view the vehicle location on electronic maps via specialized software or internet.
Various modern Vehicle Monitoring Devices stand of the blend of both passive and active tracking abilities. That means while a cellular network is available when the tracking device is connected it easily carries transmission to the server. But in case when there is no availability of the network the device holds the data in the internal memory which is further transmitted to the server later on when these is network availability of the server.
Vehicle tracking systems are mostly used for fleet management functions by the fleet operators. The functions of such device include detecting Driver Behavior, routing, fleet tracking, dispatching, security and on-board information. Along with urban transit agencies , the commercial fleet operators also use the technology for number of purposes such as for monitoring the vehicle’s ( such as buses) schedule adherence during the service, initiating the changes of the sign displays of the buses at the end of the line or at any other set of location , and triggering the recorded announcements for the benefit of passengers.
Few of the vehicle tracking systems is integrated with several security systems, such as sending an automatic alert to an email or phone in a go by triggering the alarm or the vehicle, and many other system of such kind.
Listed below are the scenarios where this technology can be used-
* Trailer tracking– Logistics and Haulage companies usually operate Lorries which are clutched with non detachable load which carry units. The section of the vehicle which holds the load is popularly known as the cab and the load holding the unit is the trailer.
* Surveillance:- A tracker can be installed on a vehicle in order to follow the movement of the vehicle.
* Transit tracking: – This is actually the tracking of cargoes or assets temporarily from one point to the other. This allows the users to ensure that the assets don’t stop in the route or take a U-Turn. This is done basically for the security concerns.
* Fuel Monitoring: – Standing as one of the important aspects of vehicle, the tracker device helps in tracking and monitoring the fuel measures.
* Distance Calculation: – This is another important usage of vehicle tracking gadget, as it helps to measure the distance travelled by the vehicle.